East Erie Family Now Homeless As City Condemns Home

 East Erie Family Now Homeless As City Condemns Home

Article Written: August 22, 2022 at 2:47 PM

The house that was recently condemned by the City of Erie Code Enforcement
1755 Fairmount Parkway
Burton
Erie, Pennsylvania

A family in East Erie's Burton neighborhood is now homeless as the City of Erie Code Enforcement and Erie Police condemned a house in the 1700 block of Fairmount Parkway near Downing Avenue in the Burton neighborhood of East Erie. The house was owned by Walter Gray of Erie who passed away in November, 2021, the house was then handed over to his daughter Doretha Gray who was living in Detroit, Michigan before moving to Erie in the home in 2021. City of Erie Code Enforcement came in today around 2:30 PM to condemn the house after recieving many complaints from neighbors for the home being an eyesore and concerned neighbors who were worried about the people living in the home. "First you take away my dogs, then you take away my home, I have no where else to go and I don't know what I'll do for my grandkids, they have no where else to go all because I can't afford to fix my house." says Doretha Gray. "We have recieved so many complaints about this house for a while and after investigating the inside and seeing the holes in the ceiling and walls, black mold throughout, we have decided that this house is not safe at all for human occupancy." says Jake Welsh, the Chief Zoning Officer of City of Erie Code Enforcement. Erie Police were also there just in case the owners would have gotten into an altercation with anyone and for their safety as well. Doretha's grandkids were standing there next to Erie Police, crying as they placed the "Condemned No Trespassing" sign over the front door window of the house. "We are gonna have to stay in a hotel or something because I don't have any money to go anywhere right now, most of my family have moved out of Erie to Youngstown and Detroit and I don't even have the money to go live with them right now, i'll try to do everything I can to avoid having me and my grandkids living on the streets." As of now, there are no plans for demolition of the Burton home and so far, no one is allowed inside the house.

Popular posts from this blog

Missing Lawrence Park Woman Found Dead at Local Golf Course

No Confirmation of Body Found in Lawrence Park is of Missing Lawrence Park Woman

Child Development Centers Offers Affordable Childhood Education for Low Income Families